CRNS Photo Competition 2020
First Prize: £100
Closing Date: Friday 24th January 2020
Theme: “Community Reuse, Repair & Recycling Projects: Local Solutions to the Global Climate Emergency”
Photo Competition Overview & Sponsors
CRNS is the Scottish membership network for community-based reuse, repair and recycling projects. The sector does a wide range of fantastic activities that have a positive impact on the environment and examples include; furniture reuse, recycling collections, bike projects, repair cafes, tool libraries, community fridges, starter pack projects, upcycling projects, food banks and wood recycling projects to name just a few.
We want to help celebrate these projects and tell their stories – this photo competition that showcases their work up and down Scotland is a great way to help do just that!
Thanks go out to Resource Futures for sponsoring this photo competition!
How To Enter
To enter, submit a photograph of a Scottish community organisation (doesn’t have to be a CRNS member specifically) that tells a story of what they are doing under the theme of:
“Scottish Community Reuse, Repair & Recycling Projects: Local Solutions to the Global Climate Emergency”
1. Send your images by email to email@example.com by 5pm on the 24th January 2020.
2. Tell us where each photograph was taken, the name of the organisation, your name, address, contact phone number and email address.
3. JPEG Files should be no larger than 6MB
4. Entries by email are preferred but you can also send your images on a CD to CRNS Photo Competition, CRNS, Suite 33, Stirling Business Centre, Wellgreen Place, Stirling. FK8 2DZ.
Rules & Regulations
1. The competition is open to individuals.
2. All images should be submitted as digital JPEG files.
3. The image should be LANDSCAPE orientation.
4. Digital images should be high resolution and submitted by email or on CD. Each image should not exceed 6MB in size.
5. Copyright for all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.
6. Each entrant grants CRNS a perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free licence to feature competition images in a publication, online or in promotional materials connected to CRNS.
7. The competition is not open to employees of CRNS or Resource Futures.
8. Entrants must be over 18 years old.
9. The closing date is 5pm on the 24th January 2020.
10. Winners will be notified by 31st January 2020.
11. The prize structure is: 1st Prize is a £100 gift token, 2nd Prize is a £50 gift token, 3rd Prize is a £25 gift token.
12. The judging panel will be made up of representatives from CRNS and Resource Futures.
13. The decision of the judges is final.
14. If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition.