This course is ideal for low hazard environments (e.g. offices, shops) or where your needs assessment has identified a requirement for a First Aider trained in Emergency First Aid at Work.
The HSE guidelines set out a syllabus for Emergency first aid at work in accordance with set criteria for selecting a training provider. The guidance cites the specific use of teaching materials such as the current edition of the first aid manual of the Voluntary Aid Societies (including the British Red Cross), who are acknowledged by the HSE guidance as standard setters for first aid practice. By selecting this course you can be confident that attendees will receive a quality learning experience built on our extensive experience and input to the HSE requirements.
On completion of this ONE DAY training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
i) the importance of preventing cross infection
ii) the need for recording incidents and actions
iii) use available equipment.
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
burns and scalds
Emergency First Aid at Work certificate; valid for three years.
This course will provide a quality learning experience offering hands-on practical training that leave first aiders feeling confident to use their skills in a real life situation. It is therefore important that participants are physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the HSE syllabus. As the HSE requires at least six training and assessment contact hours for this course, participants must be in attendance for the entire course duration to be eligible for evaluation and qualify for a certificate for Emergency First aid at work.